Friday, September 28, 2012

Choosing the right wedding dress



Advertisement


Congratulations, you’re getting hitched! This ceremonial and joyous time is usually kicked off with one major task - finding the right dress.

Finding the right dress can be time consuming, stressful and troubling which is why Berkertex and other brands stock a range of dresses suitable for all occasions, making them a great first port of call for deciding what type of wedding dress you want – although there are plenty of other things to take into account too.  

Consider the shape that would compliment your features most and give thought to what works best for you. Finding the right shape to flatter your figure is essential and should be one of the fundamental considerations for a bride to be.  

Hourglass Shape

Hourglass shaped ladies are balanced in proportion across the top and bottom. Women with hourglass figures might want to consider a fishtail dress, which hugs both the top and bottom elements of your body. The key to dressing an hourglass figure is to pick a dress that accentuates your waist, showing off your best assets.

A two-piece gown could be ideal for women with this figure. It could be worth avoiding any extravagant embellishments on the chest or hips as they are already balanced and this could end up interfering with this.

 Triangle Shapes

Triangle shaped ladies are wider across the top than the bottom. This means that your hips could be narrower than your shoulders. One way to avoid looking like a triangle would be to add a sweeping neckline. This look works well to cover up wider shoulders.

Puffed sleeves should be avoided as this will draw attention to your shoulders. Halternecks will also help to reduce the look of broad shoulders so dresses with this neckline could be a good option.

Detailing around the neckline and lapels will accentuate your shoulders, enhancing the triangle shape. Such embellishments should therefore be avoided.

Apple Shapes

Apple shapes are top heavy and tend to have less emphasis on the bottom half of their body. Empire line dresses are great at hiding a bit of a tummy and give your waist a slimmer look. 

Ball gown shapes work well for those with apple figures as they create a statement hour glass look that exudes elegance and sophistication. 


23 comments:

  1. Too late, already married ;D! (And dunno my shape ;0 )

    Anyways. I guess this applies to other than wedding dresses too ;). Maybe I should get to know what shape I am lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what do I do when I don't fit in any of the shapes? I'm tiny at the top but a bit wider in the bottom which is not presented here, maybe I'm just not allowed to live :< I guess I'm a triangle reloaded LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3rd dress! I dig! I wasn't minding about the body shapes! LOL. Hhaha. I just love it. Too cute! :)

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://lookbook.nu/chenmeicai

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this post.this is the right way to choose the perfect dress.
    Join my ZARA BAG GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a hard task to find the perfect dress... so the invitation can be wonderful but for you can turn in a huge problem. I love the last dress :)

    http://lavidadenicol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh noooo! my bodyshape isn't represented =’①。①’= I would probably go for a more traditional dress if I could though :P But I would totally choose the two dresses on the left for every day use! so pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of Berkertex before but am loving their dresses. If only I had somewhere to wear them :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great summary of the styles, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post :) i think im an hour glass shape :)) hehe

    itsjustroxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post! very informative!
    Thanks a bunch for stopping by and commenting!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, will make a note of it for whenever I get married LOL!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice dresses :).

    P.S. Enter my awesome giveaway
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.ro/2012/09/littleblackdress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic post!
    I followed your blog back now :D
    Love, Anne

    www.movieanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice blog,maybe we can follow each other when you like?:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks ♥

    aw, great tips dear! :)
    bisous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWWW thanks so much for sweet words on my blog:) and Im following you to.

    Be sure to check out my posts this week..Its all about my trip to sweet France:)

    have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete